Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Magic of Thrift Stores


I recently discovered a little thrift store a little less than 2 miles from my house & I'm in LOVE! Although I'm not a big fan of buying used clothing--blame my superstitious upbringing--this store caries so many used books & sells them for $1.00 or less. If you end up going there on a "sale" day than they're all 50% off! Who can beat that!

I've found such great titles there & am even thinking of selling some of the great finds online thru Amazon or half.com. All the books that I've bought are in excellent conditions.

As they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure! I love this thrift store because it allows me to fulfill my crazy needs to collect LOTS and LOTS of books while not hurting my budget. The first time I shopped there, I bought 26 books for about $3.00 (yes it was all on SALE & everything was $0.10!!)

Some of the great tiles I've found there are:
"The Kite Runner" Khaled Hosseini (I'm going to go back to see if I can find "A Thousand Splended Suns"!)
"The Dangerous Fortune" Ken Follett
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" J.K. Rowling (I was SO excited to find this in hardcover because I only had it in paperback and it is falling apart)
"The Memory Keeper's Daughter" Kim Edwards

I can't wait for my next trip there!

No comments:

Post a Comment